I'm wondering if it would be worth it to make some kind of dupe-target post for these "how to install" posts. See:
- How install ADB and Fastboot on elementary os?
- How can I install Gnome Builder IDE?
- How can I install and run Minecraft?
- How can I install VBox Guest Additions?
- How do I install Oracle Java JDK 8 on Freya?
- How to install Fish shell
- How install conky-manager on Freya?
Are these processes similar enough that we should have a canonical post explaining how to install software on elementary OS? Maybe we can come up with a generic process like:
- Check Software Center
- Look for a PPA (warning about how/why PPAs can be dangerous)
- Generic instructions/reference about building from source